This is going to be a quick one. When it comes to heathy living, I’ll be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. But even I know what amazing benefits Aloe Vera juice provides. You only have to google see the million health benefits of Aloe Vera. There’s tons of research, even medical papers written about it. And not to mention about 80% of cosmetic skincare products contain aloe vera in some form for its anti-inflammatory benefits. It does wonders for acne, and honestly I don’t think there is anything better than Aloe Vera gel for sunburns in this world.
But even with all its myriad benefits, I would still hesitate to make it if it needed a hundred ingredients. Luckily it doesn’t, it needs only 3 – out of which one is optional. Its probably the simplest recipe you’ll find and it takes minutes to make. I’ve been making and drinking this juice for years and it has literally changed my skin and hair game, and helps so much with digestion even with my ridiculously undisciplined diet.
- Aloe vera plant
- One lemon
- Ginger – half inch piece (optional)
- Cut one fleshy branch of the Aloe Vera plant, and wash thoroughly. Cut the pokey sides of the stalk away and then make a slit down the centre of the branch to make it easier to remove the green part to get to the gel inside the stalk.
- This is probably the most time consuming part of the process and it normally takes me 5 mins. Scoop the gel out gently into a bowl with a spoon. At this point you can just add juice of half a lime to this gel and refrigerate for later. You can use it for cuts and burns, use it as an overnight mask – which I do once a week.
- To make the juice, and two full table spoons of the gel into a blender, add the ginger and juice of half a lemon, add one cup of water and blend till smooth.
- And thats it! Pour it out into a glass and your homemade Aloe Vera juice is ready. You can drink that as is, or add one tea spoon of organic honey if you need to for added sweetness.
Hope this was useful. If you have a recipe that includes Aloe Vera please let me know, I would love to try it out! I have 3 Aloe plants at this point so I’m definitely interested in using them in any way I can.
We are almost sold out on our saris. Just a few left. Please check them out right now! Give us a share on Facebook or tell a friend. We have received some amazing feedback and we are so grateful.
Do check out our Instagram stories! It’s so much fun, and we post all day about what we are up to. We are also on snapchat. Follow us so we can follow you back! And don’t forget to come say hi on our Twitter. You can subscribe to our emails for regular updates very time we post, and do like us on Facebook! Till next time 🙂