You know those times when all you want to do is just sit on the couch, all cosy maybe with a cup of coffee and spend hours undisturbed just..online shopping? Yeah me too. These days more often than not (since I’ve put a self-imposed ban on buying clothes) I find myself on Amazon. It amazes me how many things I find there, that I am not able to find anywhere else. Some of them are very random, but some are awesome things I absolutely love. So I thought it would be fun to do a list of the last few unexpected bits and bobs I’ve found on Amazon. Most are home decor related, so if you’re as obsessed with home decor as I am don’t forget to check Amazon for some very unexpected ‘finds’.
- The basic black choker – Months ago when the whole choker trend started, I was looking everywhere for a basic black one. I did find one that had a tiny pendant hanging from it, but I couldn’t find a plain black one anywhere but on Amazon. For one fifth of the price of the other one that I got from H&M!
- The liquid lipstick shade that was sold out everywhere – I went to a ton of stores to look for this shade, asked all my friends to get one if they could find it but noone could! Mostly because its supposed to be a dupe for a Kylie Jenner liquid lipstick, that noone can ever buy because its always sold out. But guess where I finally found it? Yes Amazon!
- The exact DIY wall decal I was looking for – Theres this huge area above our bed’s headboard that I’ve been wondering what to do with. I knew I didn’t want to put pictures or paintings, was thinking about something along the lines of a mirror, but that seemed too plain. I looked at some very nice mirrored wall hangings but they were so expensive! So when I found these tiny mirrored square wall decals I thought they were perfect for what I wanted! I actually had to buy a bunch of them to fill the entire space. Its definitely not perfect, we even messed up the lines here and there but the husband and I did it together and it was a lot of fun. Like an art and crafts project!
- Hotel like white bedding – That’s basically all I’ve wanted from life for some time now. Its proven surprisingly difficult to find. The fact that our bed was custom made to fit my husband who is 6ft tall didn’t help matters much. It was a pain just to find sheets that completely fit our bed, let alone the snow white soft Egyptian cotton sheets that I wanted. But all my dreams came true when I found these 9ft X 9ft sheets on Amazon! They are perfect! I went a little crazy and ordered a bunch because I was scared they would be discontinued.
- Marble laptop case – Marble is having such a moment right now. At this point I want to cover every surface of the house in marble. The marble phone and laptop cases have become almost mandatory blogger accessories 🙂 I really wanted the laptop case in particular. Not surprisingly it proved very difficult to find nice ones here in India. This one is slightly pricey, but really pretty and protects my Macbook Air from getting scratched. And it looks like marble and not a photo of it, which the others I ordered looked like. I ordered and returned two others.
- Makeup brushes – I found these Instagram worthy metallic brushes, and they were really affordable too. Ive been using them for a couple of months now and they don’t shed at all and are great quality wise. The flat top contour brush is my favorite of the lot.
- Gold phone case – This one is pretty basic, but the only case I found with the gold metal bumper for my iPhone 5s was on Amazon. The others were weird and plastic, but this one came with the gold tempered glass to protect the screen too.