We redid the bathroom – took out the bathtub and put in a shower stall. Now the shelf in my shower is the tiniest one – it can maybe hold about 6-7 bottles, nothing more. So its the most curated shelf almost anywhere in our flat (and lets just say we are not very ‘curated people’. We are more like ‘lets dump this thing here for now’ people). Now that doesn’t make for lovely pictures, so for now lets do the shower shelf.
1. Jaypore Lemongrass and Coconut Bodyscrub: my mum-in-law actually introduced me to this brand and I have definitely mentioned them before. The issue is their clothes are gorgeous (beautiful cottons, simple and super chic) but they just don’t seem to do my size which is extremely frustrating. While I was in India last year, I ended going for an exhibit for Jaypore. Although I didn’t find any clothes I wanted to pick I ended up picking up some of their toiletries.
Now this scrub is gorgeous – highly recommended. It comes with a tiny wooden spoon so you can use it to dip into the tub and take out some of the product which I loved. And even after all this time I still feel its so fresh. You can tell there are barely any chemicals dumped into it – its literally coconut flakes, coconut oil and lemongrass. Its perfect for London winters and I don’t even need to use a body lotion after using this.
The con: its so fresh while using you actually wonder why you didn’t throw in some coconut grains and coconut oil and just make it yourself. (Actually thats my plan once this tub is over).
2. Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream: I went for an event hosted by Caudalie and this was in the goody bag. This is basically like a scrub, but an extremely gentle one. I started using this after my Dermalogica scrub which I loved finished.
But I have to mention, I have been reading up a lot about skincare and different ways of cleansing. Using a scrub seems to not on trend anymore. I read a lot of material which talks about how its too harsh for the skin. (I am definitely going to talk about all of this in a later, more elaborate post). This scrub is very gentle so I didn’t find it harsh. And yes, it makes your skin super soft.
3. Kama Rose and Jasmine Face Cleanser: I picked this up when I was in India. Its quite gentle but honestly doesn’t feel particularly fresh or smell of either rose or jasmine. Now the ingredient don’t mention SLS and I have been bottles online which specifically say no SLS but I am 100% sure this has SLS. There is way too much lather for it not to. And honestly, that colour does imply safety. I will use up the bottle but I don’t see myself buying this again.
4. Khadi Natural Rose Body Wash: again, I picked this up from the airport while I was in India. Honestly, body wash is not something I care too much about. I just feel its something that goes down the drain, literally, so absolutely pointless buying anything expensive or bothering too much. The novelty factor of the colour of this has also worn off for me by now. Now the ingredient don’t mention SLS and I have been bottles online which specifically say no SLS but I am 100% sure this has SLS. There is way too much lather for it not to. And honestly, that colour does imply safety. I will use up the bottle but I don’t see myself buying this again.
5. Korres Rice Protein and Linden Shampoo: I love this brand but their shampoo does have SLS. This is still a part of my Greek stash. A few years ago we went to holiday in Greece and I went wild in the pharmacy there and picked up a lot of Greek toiletries and beauty stuff. This is still from that collection. But honestly, if I can avoid it, I will skip this due to the SLS. I will check if any of their other shampoos have SLS and maybe try those out.
6. Green People Daily Aloe Shampoo: in all honesty I haven’t used this shampoo extensively. This is the one DJ uses. The only comment he made is the smell is odd. What I have read is skincare and haircare should not smell good – if its does you can be sure there are added fragrances in there. This is super clean, organic, animal testing free, SLS free, etc. brand. Definitely one you can be happy to support.
7. Lush Bubblegum Scrub: this is almost over now. You may remember me talking about it. Love it!
So thats my shower out in the open! I have so many ideas for skincare posts and I am going to be writing a lot about it. Do you enjoy these skincare and product review posts? Please let us know if you found this useful or in case you have any questions about the products.