Its extremely odd that we have had a post about beach essentials for men but nothing for women! I decided to get to it immediately. (Also because I have a beach holiday lined up and started thinking about the stuff I still need). Also honestly, this post works for everyone. Take a look at the one we did for men and between these two you are all set for the beach. (Men – there is more beach inspiration this way.)
2. Hat: for the beach I like hats with wide brims – as wide as possible!
3. Beach bags: something thats easy to carry around, has lots of space and super fun and colourful. This one totally fits the bill.
4. Beach reads: a good meaty book is even better on a beach. The ones in my current stack are:
- The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer
- Before She Met Me by Julian Barnes
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
- The Only Story by Julian Barnes
5. Coverup: really liked this cool chic cover up!
6. Chic swimsuit: I know what you are going to say. ‘Anisha, do I really need another swimsuit?’ I am saying yes because there is nothing more uncomfrotable than wearing a wet swimsuit, or nothing more tragic than the fact you might have to skip getting into the sea because you swimsuit isnt dry and you didn’t listen to me and brought only one. I chose this Sleek Zip Swimsuit for variety, its very different from the cute bikini I mentioned earlier and this is one of those suits which looks perfectly acceptable with shorts thrown on top.
7. Sunglasses: a large pair of sunglasses so the sand or sun doesn’t get into your eye. I have these Raybans and love the mirrored look and the colour! (Secret: these are the kids version which is much cheaper than the normal adult version!)
8. Water-proof music: whatever you need – water-proof headphones, earphones, speakers, players etc. This was a really great budget option speaker Bidisha recommended.
9. Slippers: I love leather slippers but for the beach its basic flip flops – or some not-so-basic ones. This rose gold one is almost beautiful and the white one is a classic.
10. Snorkel gear: snorkel gear is relatively inexpensive, easy to carry around but usually very expensive to hire. Investing in some fun snorkel gear is a great idea!
11. Beach Towel: a fun colourful easy drying beach towel is essential and this one is adorable.
13. Perfume: something light, fun and calming that reminds you of the sea. Something like the Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt. I remember going to visit a friend in Greece a few years back and walked into a store and smelt this and decided this is what I expect Greece smells like and bought it for her right then!
15. Pool floats: it was so tough to choose from one of these absolutely ridiculous pool floats but I loved this flamingo one. I picked up a swan one from Primark last year so if you are near a Primark check those out because they have a great collection!
And I think we are done! Let me know if there is something you consider a beach essential which I missed out on – I will add to the list. Also, my favourite question to ask – what has been your favourite beach holiday?
Make sure you are following us on Instagram and please say hi and let us know where you are on Instagram as well.
This post was based on sample and PR items provided to Fashion and Frappes.