#DOTW or Drink of the Week is our new series with recipes for either a cocktail, mocktail or a coffee. This week we start it off with a cocktail!
If you happen to be a teetotaller then this post is NOT for you! I absolutely love cocktails and, with the help and company of my friends, find myself constantly trying out new ones at bars and clubs as well as experimenting with various recipes at home. My drink of choice varies between vodka, wine and beer based cocktails (and on very rare occasions, even mocktails ). My favourite brand of vodka is Absolut. So for all you vodka drinkers out there, or for those of you who want to try out some interesting vodka based cocktails and for the rest of you who don’t really care as long you have a drink in your hands, Saturday (and the rest of the weekend) is approaching, so get your bartender’s hat on and let’s make a drink! Please do try and keep juggling of vodka bottles to a minimum, we cannot afford to waste any of the precious Absolut. The first drink of our weekly menu is a Caprioska. Caprioska can be made in different flavours – watermelon, kiwi, mandarin orange are my three favourites.
Ingredients for 1 glass:
60 ml absolute vodka (or any other preferred brand).
1 1/2 lime (cut into tiny pieces)
2 tablespoon brown sugar.
5-6 slices of preferred fruit (cut big enough to eat)
10-12 mint leaves (washed)
- Put all of the above in a glass and crush together.
- Fill the glass up with equal portions of Sprite, Soda and Bacardi Breezer flavour ‘Jamaican Passion’.
- Top up with crushed ice and give the mix a good stir.
- Add sugar (or reduce the Sprite) depending on how sweet you like your drinks.
- If you prefer the classic version of Caprioska, then do away with the Bacardi Breezer, though I would absolutely recommend you try it. I have done so at several parties and it has been a super hit!