I would have to be sitting on the sand by the beach and drinking this. But then again, like my friend Jewel, some people can be sitting in the pub of a bustling city like Mumbai and drinking it too. I find, a pinacolada is a drink that you either like or you just don’t. There is no middle way. I tasted my first one at least fourteen years ago, my reaction to it was, pineapple juice with coconut? YUCK.
My new found love for pinacoladas came approximately a month back in Goa and now, post drinking three-four in a row, I can vouch that its definitely not just juice. P.S – steer clear if you are on a diet. This drink is not the way to go.
- 30 ml white rum
- 30 ml Malibu rum
- 5 pieces of cut pineapple
- 2 small cups of ice
- 30 ml coconut cream
- 180 ml of pineapple juice.
- Additional ingredient – vanilla icecream.
TOOLS – Do buy a jigger for measuring your ingredients. You will also need a shaker.
- In a shaker, pour in the rum, the Malibu, pineapple juice, coconut cream and ice.
- Give it a good shake for 2 minutes.
- Pour the drink into your glass,
- Top it with the pineapple chunks
- A small dallop of vanilla icecream on top is a must!
Make sure you have one of those toothpick umbrellas – just feels better. The buzz will kick in soon so please try and remember with every sip that there is alcohol even if it doesn’t taste like it.