So after our Caprioska last week, this Saturday I propose wine. To all the wine drinkers lets try and fruit it up a bit. My friend Erica and I were having a girls night in and decided to try out some wine based concoctions. Our first was with red wine. Since I was not a big fan of the red, lets move on to the next.
We were lucky with the next one. We very successfully turned out some great white wine watermelon sangria. We made approximately 1.5 litre sangria at one go so use this recipe accordingly.
- 750 ml. white wine (we used Sula Chenin Blanc)
- Half a watermelon
- 1 tea spoon honey
- Half a lime
- 1 cup Sprite.
- Cut up half the watermelon and put in a mixer. Strain the mix for seeds and pour into a jar.
- Pour the bottle of white wine and mix with the watermelon juice.
- Squeeze half a lime.
- Add the tea spoon of honey.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 45 mins.
- Top up with Sprite and ice once ready to pour into your wine glasses.
A fair warning – once you start drinking you will remake the sangria again and again, even in your drunken state!
Salute, cin cin! Let the buzz kick in!