Lets face it. If you’re reading this now, you’ve probably spaced out on getting a Valentines Day present for your significant other. No judgement here, happens to the best of us. The good news is we’ve got you covered. You have one last shot at wow-ing your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband/’just friend’/cat/dog (again, no judgement remember?) on Valentine’s Day. This one focuses on a last minute attempt at getting a Valentine’s Day present, if you have more time or want other options we have a zillion gift guides here for you. We put them together for Christmas, but who said they can’t be used for every occasion that presents itself? Thats right, no one.
- Gift Card : Yes I know, this one is a no-brainer but you would be surprised at how many people overlook the genius of a gift card. The trick is from where you would get the gift card from. If she likes makeup, Sephora it is. For him, get him one from his favorite sports store. For clothes, jewelry or even handbags and shoes stores like Nordstrom, Net-A-Porter would be a great choice, even for men. If you can’t think of anything, then Amazon it is. It saves you the headache of picking something you think they might like, and its saves them the effort of returning it (after a discreet period of time of course) and hoping you will never notice. Just remember to get that reservation at his or her favorite restaurant too.
- Something he/she wants but hasn’t purchased yet : Think an iPhone, a Kindle, a monthly subscription to Vogue, or even tickets to a concert of their favorite artist, or a play. Doesn’t matter if it arrives or happens on a later date, you will get double points for being thoughtful and knowing your partner so well that you got him or her something they’ve always wanted but just never got. Again add the dinner date and maybe throw in some flowers too.
- A Gift Set : All stores have curated Valentine’s Day gift sets. And I do mean all stores. They range from chocolates, perfumes, makeup to even DVDs and watches. They are available for both men and women. Take a look, you are sure to find something your significant other will fancy.
- A Spa day/Tickets for a game : This one is pretty self explanatory, if you want bonus points you can join her or get one extra for a friend to accompany her. For men the same idea, get tickets for a game that he will enjoy, maybe one extra for his best buddy or you can go along and enjoy the game too!
- Personal coupons : This one is a last ditch effort if all else fails. Self made coupons redeemable on a later day for things he or she might enjoy. May or may not be sexual. You do you boo, again no judgment here. If you want to be extra fancy you can even use some free printable templates available online. Good luck!
So there you go. Five foolproof ideas to save your Valentine’s Day from going up in flames. You’re welcome. Hope you have fun, and from all us here at Fashion and Frappes, we wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day!