Let me start by saying that I’m not an expert by any means, but I absolutely love baking! Love reading recipes online, experimenting and adding my own little twist to them.
Today I share with you my favorite brownie recipe. These are the perfect blend of coffee and chocolate, and super delicious and gooey! Perfect for the holiday season, they are sure to be a big hit at any holiday party. If you love coffee, then you will love these! If you don’t, just leave out the coffee and add the same amount of water. They will turn out amazing either way. Enjoy!
I’ve made them both with and without the coffee, and both times they were delicious. Though I have to admit that once I did put the coffee in, I have never made it any other way since!
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups dark chocolate chips ( I used 2 bars of Bournville broken in chunks)
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
50 ml brewed coffee ( or 2 tbsp of instant coffee in 50ml water)
40ml vegetable oil
A pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degree Celsius OR 320 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the tray you will be baking in with butter.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10s intervals, checking each time so that it doesn’t burn. Once melted put aside to cool.
4. In a bowl add the rest of the ingredients and whisk to combine. Please make sure that the coffee/water is at room departure, otherwise it will cook the egg. Not cute.
5. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture once it has cooled. Whisk to combine again. Mixture will be slightly lumpy, but thats okay.
6. Spread the mixture evenly in your greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 mins in the centre rack of your oven, till a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean with no wet batter on it.
7. Cool completely before cutting.
8. Enjoy a piece of deliciousness!
If you make them do let me know how they turned out! And if you have some fun recipes, please leave them below, I would love to try them out. A very Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone 🙂