*This post includes gifted items*
I actually picked out this white babydoll style dress from my closet because it was ironed. No, I am not ashamed to admit that. I absolutely hate ironing and do this very poorly. DJ irons his white shirts everyday and they look so sharp. I use the same iron he does, spend almost 15-20 minutes ironing a dress and at the end of it when I put it on it looks like the same crumpled mess it did 20 minutes ago. What am I doing wrong? ARGH.
Ok I swear I won’t be talking about ironing anymore. Talking about ironing is probably even more boring than the task itself.
I didn’t want this post to be too heavy but want to update you guys about some things I have been enjoying lately but first lets breakdown the outfit.
You may remember I have worn this dress before. It’s such an easy one to wear and so good for summer. We were going out for lunch last week to meet some friends and I put this on. I was actually just planning to put the photo on Instagram and hadn’t really thought about doing a whole blog post with the look. But DJ took such great photos I thought I might as well put them on the blog. And surprisingly, I had a lot to say about the look and the shoot.
Take a look at the photos. I would never take photos with a dustbin at the back in most instances. It’s a pet peeve – dustbins itself are a pet peeve for me. (Now that would make for an exciting blog post). But when DJ pointed it out I just thought why do I need to pretend London is a city without garbage and grime? It’s not so lets not pretend it is. I know Instagram is not about being real but I honestly don’t care.
Now about the second part of the post. This was an idea I had from one of my favourite podcasts, Pop Fashion. At the end of every episode they mention one good thing. It can be a TV show, a dress they loved, some news items that was nice or a great restaurant. So I thought I would take this chance to highlight some things I have been enjoying lately.
- I don’t end up buying any jewelry and when I do, I usually buy from Etsy but Missoma has some beautiful things. I love these hoop earrings.
2. I recently finished Ordinary People and have to say its a beautiful book. I love books which are relationships and conversations without major events driving the plot forward. This book is a very interesting insight into people’s marriage and relationship which I love reading about.
3. A friend of mine recommended this – my new favourite show is Line of Duty. It’s a cop show with a fantastic twist – it’s about the anticorruption unit in the police which investigates corrupt police officers. So its like the comfortable cop and detective shows we are used to with an interesting fresh twist.
4. I did not think I would be this excited about a Gossip Girl revival but I am!
5. I have been using the Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid exfoliant for the last few months now and realise its such a fantastic product. I bought the tiny trial bottle sometime back and its lasted me months. I use it once or twice a week and I can see a change in my skin.
Tomorrow is Monday so I am done with good things for now. Hope you enjoyed the post and the pictures of my white babydoll style dress. Your comments are always appreciated so please leave some for us below. You can drop by on Instagram and of course we are on Facebook, Twitter and all the rest and would love to hear from you. Let me know a one good thing that has happened in your life lately.